SERVICESBuilding Your capacity
Transformation for the Modern Nonprofit
Tanoma provides high-quality research to nonprofits looking to increase their understanding, improve their programming, and advance their operations, and even public policies.
We offer virtual and onsite applied professional development training and career coaching to help you build your organizational talent. When you choose one of our training programs, we’ll ensure your team has the capacity and skillset to effectively and efficiently deliver research and evaluation with an equity lens.
- Conducting culturally-responsive evaluation
- Aligning research objectives with community driven-needs
- Tailoring data collection tools for working with Latinx communities
- Building evidence-based workflow matrices
- Establishing accountability metrics for equitable organizational practices
- Fostering equitable talent management practices
Our services are created to help you achieve more. With our support, you’ll be able to demonstrate the impact of your programs and services. We’ll identify opportunities and strategies to improve the quality and effectiveness of your services while increasing the capacity for better research and evaluation.
We facilitate evidence-based skill-building workshops to increase your capacity to excel and grow professionally at your organization. Our approaches are community-driven and culturally responsive to allow you to align the right practices with the right beneficiaries at the right time. Topics include:
- Evaluation 101 with an equity lens
- Culturally responsive evaluation practices
- Community-based participatory research
- Cultural humility and self-reflection
- Latinx leadership
- Time management strategies
- 10 Steps for Successfully Completing your Dissertation
We support better spaces and places by:
- Identifying tools and instruments to measure indicators of success
- Conducting community needs assessments
- Demonstrating the impact of your programs and services
- Implementing strategies for inclusive and diverse talent management
- Improving quality and effectiveness of services offered
- Working with clients and patients to understand their challenges and needs
- Incorporating inclusive practices for working with community members to conduct research and evaluation
- Building staff and community capacity for research and evaluation
- Community-based research consultation
- Culturally responsive evaluation
- Data collection instrument development
- Translation (English/Spanish)
- Strategic planning meeting facilitation
- Quality improvement and workflow mapping
- Cost-effectiveness and benefit analyses
- Organizational development
- Grant writing
- Capacity building and skill building training
- Professional development training
- Career coaching
"As a woman of color, I have gained invaluable career and dissertation mentorship that I wouldn't get from someone else. I've gained access to professional development resources and data for my doctoral thesis research too. I value the accessibility and real world guidance."
-Catherine Pichardo, MS - Doctoral Candidate, University of Illinois at Chicago
"You've helped our organization improve our reach to the community by supporting our grant writing efforts and ensuring that our grants are aligned with sound evidence-based research practices."
Esther Sciammarella, MS - Executive Director, Chicago Hispanic Health Coalition
"An asset to our organization... personalized, culturally responsive approach to grant development with the keen ability to dive deeply into the content matter. She is not only knowledgeable and resourceful about our organization and our community, while demonstrating compassion towards our participants."
-Jesus Tejeda - Vice President of Operations, Healthcare Alternative Systems, Inc.
Meet Dr. Aponte-Soto, President/CEO
Lisa has over 25 years of experience working in academia, social services, and health care settings, conducting administrative operations, program management, grants management, policy development, research, and evaluation. She has successfully managed marketing, communications, and branding efforts at multiple settings to promote the visibility and awareness of programs with local, regional, and national platforms.
When she has limited time, you can find Lisa enjoying a nerdy evaluation book or scholarly journal, indulging in Sci-Fi, or engaging in outdoor activities.